Thursday, October 2, 2008

First Day Blogging


So...today is my first day to blog. I am blogging for my Language Arts Methods class because we are practicing strategies for teaching in an elementary classroom.

My name is Maggie, and I'm in a senior in Elementary education at Kansas State University. I'm student teaching next semester in the Manhattan area. I look forward to having my own classroom next year!

I grew up in Kansas City, actually a suburb of Kansas City...Lake Quivira, Kansas. I have an amazing family that consists of my dad, my mom and an older brother, Frankie, who is almost 25. He will be getting married in November to the girl in the pink shirt, and I'm very excited! (I'm the girl in the greenish/yellow shirt).

So...a little bit about my life today. Tonight is Ali Kemp Bandstand! It is a benefit concert that my sorority puts on for a former sorority member that was tragically murdered in 2002. All the money that is raised tonight goes to the TAKE foundation (The Ali Kemp Education Foundation) which puts on Self Defense classes for women and girls all over the country. The main musician playing tonight is Ben Rector! He is one of my favorite artists! His music is great (and he happens to be staying in my extra bedroom at my house)! Well, everyone should definetly come to the concert tonight! I'm pretty excited!!! Or if you can't make it...listen to his music!!

Well that was my first blog ever! Hope you enjoyed it! And have a wonderful day!!

No comments: